Monday, February 6, 2012

Scenes from workplace....

Found this suicide note from the pocket of an oldman brought to ER by police. His both legs were bought in seperate bags, apparantly nicely sawed down by wheels of a speeding train. Jumped in front of train clearly with intention to take his own life. I wonder why he failed. Perhaps he didnt like the idea of a mangled head. Or may be he changed his mind too late to get out,but too early from the end he once wished.
And I wonder how he feels now. I presume his life was miserable. Still it wouldnt be any better without both his legs.
Or perhaps it may change for good. Like the patient who rejoined with his family after 15 long years after getting his right leg amputated for severe infection. He had spend 3months in the no by stander bed with an open stump,enjoyed care and hospitality of every charity worker and by stander of nearby patients. I dont know for sure. Let the time prove it.
I know I can find answer to most of question
s just by siting beside him and talking to him. But I cant. Somewhere down the timeline,I guess, I have become a Doctor!

No comments:

Post a Comment